A Hypothetical question!!!

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Wed Apr 6 14:12:44 EST 1994

Dear netters,
Pretend that you are studying K-channels. There are two types that can
only be distinguished on their response to an inhibitor. The K channel
that you are interested in is missing in one of the cell lines. Nothing is
known about the protein and DNA sequence of either of these channels. How
can you isolate and study this protein? The only one that I can think of
is using the inhibitor in a column type setting and fish out the channel
that I am interested in ( The protein that I want to study is the one that
binds to the inhibitor). I would very much appreciate it if you had any
suggestions as the best way to isolate and study this protein.
Cheers.
Shahram Mori
Program in Molecular Biology
Dept. of Chemistry