in situ/immuno combo

KGEISS%RAVEN at EAGLE.AAMRL.WPAFB.AF.MIL KGEISS%RAVEN at EAGLE.AAMRL.WPAFB.AF.MIL
Wed Apr 6 11:57:11 EST 1994

Has anyone out there done both in situ hybridazation (for RNA) and immuno
(antibody) detection on the same slide?  In our in situ protocol, we digest the
tissue with proteinase K, it seem to me that this would affect our ability to
be able to detect the related protein at a later time.  And what if we did the
protein detection first before the in situ, would this work.  I don't know what
detection methods would be suitable to this regimen.  Any insight would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
GEISS...[:)