Drying of PAGE gels - Cellophane

oesch at hifo.unizh.ch oesch at hifo.unizh.ch
Wed Apr 6 07:25:11 EST 1994

>Hi,
>
>We are drying a lot of PAGE gels wrapped in cellophane. The
>cellophane we buy currently from BioRad and it is imho very
>expensive. So I went to the local arts supply shop and bought
Hi Jens,
we are using SARAN which we get from Migros which is a grocery store. The
foil is originally made by DOW chemicals and the material supposedly is
PVDC. PVDC probably means polyvinyl dichloride. Other brands did not work.

I have no idea whether you can get in the US but it should be possible.
Good luck

Bruno Oesch
Brain Research Institute
University of Zurich