Library Amplification

craig.rowlands at csb.ki.se craig.rowlands at csb.ki.se
Wed Apr 6 04:34:14 EST 1994

I am using the two-hybrid system to search a cDNA library transformed in
DH5a.  My protocol calls for amplifing the library by plating on 100+,
150cm dishes, followed by scraping into 1-2 L of LB and incubating a
further for 2-4 hrs.  I wish to use Qiagen columns to purify  the plasmids.
 Has anyone used these columns to purify a library, and if so, were there
any noticable affects on yeast  transformation?  Also,  what kind of yield
(of plasmid) can I expect from 2 L of amplified DH5a?  Any advice is
welcome.  Thanks in advance.

J. Craig Rowlands Ph.D.
Visiting Scientist
Karolinska Institute