Percoll Gradients

Denise Carpenter dcarpenter at receptor.pharm.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 6 03:18:59 EST 1994

Hi,
    Can anyone with any experience in percoll gradients and their use in
fractionation of subcellular compartments please help me with protocols
which work!  I plan to use pancreatic, hepatic and T cell lines to
primarily identify endosomes, lysosomes and plasma membranes.  The protocols
I have leave me with a smudge on marker enzyme activity along the gradient,
ie. beta galactosidase, beta glucoronidase, and LDH.  I would be most
gratful for some advice on spin times and g force required to separate these
compartments to enable accurate identification.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Denise Carpenter
Dept of Pharmacology
University of Western Australia