methods for cell sorting required

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 7 08:42:06 EST 1994

In article <Cnw4xv.Hr5 at world.std.com>, amcshea at world.std.com (Andy) wrote:

> Ms S.P. Moyes (smoyes at crc.ac.uk) wrote:
> : I would like to seperate antigen positive and antigen negative cell
> : populations.  Coating SRBCs or microtitre plates with the antibody has been
> : suggested, then binding the cells followed by washing with PBS.
> : Any comments on these methods or suggestions on other methods gratefully
> : received .

Dear Andy,

Take a look at Dynabeads from Dynal. Using these magnetic beads coated with
various substances (poly T, biotinylated things, antibodies??) the beads
are mixed with RNA/cells etc... Using a magnet cells or mRNA can be
isolated.

They isolate pure cell-types using this method (Dynal)

Give 'em a ring - dont have phone no. on me at the mo.
If u r interested i will dig it up.

Works well for mRNA BTW. From cell/tissue to mRNA in an hour or less. Works
well, can even inject it into oocytes!!! and get functional receptors!

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)