Staining PVDF (Immobilon)

David M. Berman eyeball at
Thu Apr 7 09:12:09 EST 1994

I like to prestain my Western filters with Ponceau S to check protein
immunodetection.  Unfortunately, my target protein doesn't stick well
to anything other than PVDF (it's small and greasy).  PVDF doesn't
seem to stain well with Ponceau S using a regular acetic acid-based
solution.  Has anybody found a better way to stain these filters?

                                             eyeball at