DynaZyme DNA Polymerase Kit

Zophonias Oddur Jonsson zjons at rhi.hi.is
Thu Apr 7 17:32:32 EST 1994

In <Pine.3.89.9404061528.A456-0100000 at kb.usm.my> zainul at KB.USM.MY (Zainul Zain) writes:

>Dear Netters,
>             We currently bought DynaZyme DNA Polymerase Kit which is
>produced by Finnzymes Oy, Finland.

[stuff deleted]

>	     Does anybody works with this kit before? Please advice us on
>how to use the kit correctly.

>Tang

A lot of people in Iceland use DynaZyme because just like the Finns we wiew
it as a domestic product.  Some people have had trouble in the beginning
when they try to use DZ for protocols optimized for Taq pol.  I would never
admit in public having used an unlicenced polymerase for PCR but a person
very close to me had the same kind of problem.  No amplification.
He was amplifying a large stretch of DNA and figured that DynaZyme might be
a bit slower than Taq so he added an extra minute to the elongation step in
each round.  And lo!  A band apeared!

My friend told this to all his friends and soon some of them had bands too.
Try it, who knows, it might work for you.

Zophonias O. Jonsson
University of Iceland