Reverse Transcriptase

moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be
Thu Apr 7 04:24:00 EST 1994

Can somebody help me? I have started sequencing ribosomal RNA from yeast. I
have used several methods but now, I use the "Promega" protocol published
in "Protocols and applications guide 1991". I have made lot of sequence
gels but in all cases I see only just 120 nucleotides. I changed ddNTP/dNTP
ratio, quantity of AMV RT (2 times more) but it didn't improve situation.
In all my sequence gels I see on the top 4 lines in the same positions
indicating that my reaction always stops. From the literature, I know that
it is perhaps something with my RT. What can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Ir. Charles Moulliard
Assistant UCL
MYCOTHEQUE DE L'UNIVERSITE CATHOLIQUE DE LOUVAIN (MUCL/CCBM)
Faculté des Sciences Agronomiques
Place Croix du Sud 3
B-1348 Louvain-la-Neuve BELGIUM
Phone: +32-10-473737     Telefax: +32-10-451501
E-mail: Moulliard at mbla.ucl.ac.be