More 5'-RACE kits

Brett Levay-Young brett at WHAMSERVER.SURG.UMN.EDU
Thu Apr 7 14:25:06 EST 1994

>>I would just like to know if somebody has ever have any experience
>>using these kits and which kit is best based on your experience.
>>Thanks in advance.
>>

>I tried the "5'-Amplifinder RACE Kit" from Clontech. It was a complete
>failure. Even the supplied control was very poor. Other controls showed,
>that the reverse transcription step worked. Therefore I think anchor
>ligation using T4 RNA Ligase is the problem. Could it be that Clontech's T4
>RNA Ligase is trash?
>
>Matthias Zeiner

A non-netter here in the Dept. of Surgery is using the BRL 5'-RACE kit
with (she says) great success.  Easy, lots of transformants, etc.
Haven't tried it yet myself, but soon . . .

I'm not affiliated with Gibco/BRL blah blah blah.

Brett Levay-Young, Ph.D.
Department of Surgery
University of Minnesota
Box 120 UMHC