"Stabilose K" for Growth of Streptomyces lividans?

Dr. Diana S. Hamilton hamilton at umbc.edu
Fri Apr 8 10:23:13 EST 1994

I am having trouble tracking down a medium component called "Stabilose
K." This is an ingredient in "SK No. 2 medium" and is sold by Matsutani
Kagaku, a Japanese company. Unfortunately, neither my stockroom manager
nor I knows a Japanese-speaker.

The medium is used for protein expression by Streptomyces lividans.
Ideally, I'd like to find an American equivalent to purchase, or at least
find out what _compound_ Stabilose K is.

I'm also fairly new at working with S. lividans in general, and would
appreciate any growth tips you may have. (I do have a copy of Hopwood's
1985 manual.)

Thanks,
Diana Hamilton
hamilton at gl.umbc.edu