Fluorogenic cathepsin D substrates

Philip Fortgens Fortgens at biochem.unp.ac.za
Wed Apr 13 06:12:18 EST 1994

Has anybody used fluorescently-labelled protein substrates for cathepsin D,
and if so, what kind of sensitivity was obtained.

I am also looking for the following cathepsin D fluorescent synthetic
substrates :

Z-Arg-Gly-Phe-Phe-Glu-(7-amino-4-methylcoumarin) or
Z-Arg-Gly-Phe-Phe-Glu-(7-amino-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin) and
Z-Arg-Gly-Phe-Phe-Pro-(7-amino-4-methylcoumarin) or
Z-Arg-Gly-Phe-Phe-Pro-(7-amino-4-trifluoromethylcoumarin)

These come from an Enzyme System Products (Dunlin, Ca.) catalogue but I have
had no success contacting them by fax. Any suggestions.

Please e-mail me at fortge at biochem.unp.ac.za

Philip Fortgens