chemilumpinescent immunodetection, more info please

LOGAN logan at msdos.montpellier.inra.fr
Wed Apr 13 03:52:54 EST 1994

I have just started using the Amersham ECL system on plant soluble proteins and
saw the mailing regarding endogenous peroxidase activity in plants. I would like
to try the method suggested for eliminating this, but wondered how long the
incubation in H2O2 was for? Also what sort of size are the proteins with this
activity - assuming they are conserved between different plants, maybe I just
have a bad antibody! Also if anyone has advice on protein concentrations that
work well with this kit, I understand that as it is very sensitive then if you
have too much protein you can get a lot of non-specific bands?

Helen

Logan at montpellier.inra.fr