Sequencing gel

Dan Diaz bl275 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Wed Apr 13 08:56:14 EST 1994

In a previous article, wzhao at mbcr.bcm.tmc.edu () says:

>Hi, netters:
>
>When prewarm the sequencing gel, the gel seems like going up,
>make the sharkteeth comb come very inside the gel. I don't know
>what is going on?
>Could anybody tell me what to do?
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Wei

smells like a buffer problem to me.  are you certain that the buffer in the
gel is identical to that in the buffer wells?  ionic strength and all that?

be careful when using commercially-prepared gel premixes, as i have heard
horror stories of inconsistent batches, buffer screwups and the like.

i warm my gels without a comb; just before loading i rinse out the top,
insert the comb, load and run.

diz