Source of Nylon mesh

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Thu Apr 14 00:37:10 EST 1994

In article <?.766241884 at flash>, lmalek at flash.LakeheadU.Ca ( Dr L Malek -
Biology  ) wrote:

> Hi:
> We are looking for a North American supplier of 150 um nylon mesh for
> clearing plant homogenates prior to organelle preparation. Any suggestions
> would be welcomed.
> Thanks.
> Lada Malek
> email: lmalek at flash.lakeheadu.ca
>     or lmalek at cs-acad-lan.lakeheadu.ca

Well, instead of buying nylon meshes from companies for use in
hybridisation bottles/oven - i went to the local art-shop.

I took a sample of the nylon mesh with me and they soon found a polyester
mesh very similar to the nylon one - artsy people use this mesh for making
silk-screens.

Maybe try an art shop. For a very large roll of it - only cost 30$.
Equivalent price would be >$300 from a biotech company!!!!

Martin Leach

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)