hybridization ovens

Richard B. Taylor rtaylor at lonestar.utsa.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:29:32 EST 1994

Newsgroups: Bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts
Subject: Hybridization oven
We are considering the purchase of a hybridization oven for our
lab for doing Southerns and northerns (and possibly westerns).
We were impressed with the information we obtained in some
advertising copy about the Hybaid Mini 10 oven.  Would
anyone with experience with this oven or other ovens of
this type please share the results of that experience with
me?  Are there any special warnings about the use of these
ovens for hybridizations that we ought to know about?  We are
currently using our PCR air oven for this purpose.
Thanks for any help you can provide.