checking for DNA on nylon membranes?

Ron Caspi rcaspi at
Thu Apr 14 18:36:34 EST 1994

Hi everybody
I have a question here:
I have some nylon membranes (HiBond N) that once had DNA on them (transferred
by southern blotting). These membranes have been hybridized and stripped, so
the DNA is now single stranded. However, my last probing yielded nothing - no
signal whatsoever. I suspect that I might have lost the DNA.
Does anybody know how I could check if the DNA is still there?

My thanks for everyone who would like to help

Ron Caspi      Scripps Institution of Oceanography     UC San Diego
La Jolla  CA  92093-0202   Phone (619)534-0638 Fax (619)534-7313