genomic cloning vectors

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Thu Apr 14 11:49:36 EST 1994

I need to construct a genomic library to isolate a gene for which we have
a cDNA probe. Therefore I will be searching with a labeled probe and doing
plaque lifts probably. I'm not up to date on new cloning vectors (used
lambda gt10 many years ago) and am looking for recommendations. I suspect
there are better vectors now to facilitate subcloning, making deletion
libraries, etc. You recommendations and a brief note on the benefits would
be greatly appreciated; it could save me alot of time and effort.

Shiao Wang,
University of Southern Mississippi