Need replacement for Wizards

malaine at sara.cc.utu.fi malaine at sara.cc.utu.fi
Fri Apr 15 01:34:08 EST 1994

In article <wyborsr-140494164001 at dom019.dom.aa.wl.com>, wyborsr at aa.wl.com (Russ Wyborski) writes:
> 				Ever since Promega changed their mini-prep kits from Magic to Wizards
> (with a rumored change in resin) the yields of plasmid DNA that I get is
> lousy. So I am looking for a replacement kit that will give me good yields
> (around 10 microgram from a 2 ml high-copy plasmid culture) in a reasonable
> period of time. Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Why don't you buy Bio-Rads Prep-A-Gene-kit which is presumeably the same as The
Good Old Magic Prep. At least that's what Bio-Rads rep. told me.

Usual disclaimers. I haven't tried Prep-A-Gene by myself.

> Russell J. Wyborski

Marko

Marko Laine
Univ. of Turku  		   	   	   Malaine at sara.cc.utu.fi
Dept. of Plant Physiology                          Malaine at polaris.utu.fi
BioCity 6th floor                \\ //             Fax: +358-21-633 8075
20520 Turku                     (-o-o-)            Tel: +358-21-633 8076
Finland               ----oOOo----(_)----oOOo----  NMT:  949-864 954

	  	      - Dr. Livingstone, I presume...