Qiaex and ligations

LOGAN logan at msdos.montpellier.inra.fr
Thu Apr 14 07:20:56 EST 1994

Dear Netters, I am posting this for a friend, but as he doesn't have a mailbox
could you please e-mail replies to this address. logan at montpellier.inra.fr

We have just switched from geneclean to Qiaex for economic reasons, but there
seems now to be a problem with our ligations, has anyone had any similar
experience, and any solutions/ideas? One idea is that we may not be doing the
drying step properly, they say too long and your DNA is stuck for good, but that
you have to get rid of the ethanol!, so maybe its residual ethanol that is the
problem. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Thank you very much for any advice.

Guy