b-galactosidase assay after transfection

石塚俊治 HGF02633 at niftyserve.or.jp
Thu Apr 14 06:24:02 EST 1994

Does anybody know sesitive assay system to detect beta-galactosidase
activity in cell extracts after DNA transfection (lipofectin method).
We transfected pCH110 (beta-galactosidase expression vector) into PC12
cells. However, the transfection efficiency was very low. We could not
detect the enzyme activity with o-nitrophenol-b-D-galactopyranoside
(ONPG) as a substrate, though the CAT activity was detected in the same
expeirment. How can we overcome this problem. please teach me.

Sincerely yours,

 Dr.Toshiharu Ishizuka
 Department of Biochemistry, Chiba University, School of Medicine
 1-8-1, Inohana, Chuo-ku, Chiba, 260 JAPAN
 FAX +81-43-226-2041
 QFH03407 at niftyserve.or.jp
 tishizuk at twics.com