hybridization ovens

Tony Sanchez tsanchez at eye1.eye.ufl.edu
Fri Apr 15 07:04:32 EST 1994

Hi Richard,

I have used several different hyb ovens over the years and I find the Biometra
series the best. (Biometra Inc.  550 N Reo St. Tampa Fl 33609 1-800-932-7250).  The
main problems I have found with the others has been unreliable temperature
control and an inability to get to ambiant temperature.  Another important feature
to look at is how easy is it to clean in the event of a spill.  One oven I had (Robbins
Scientific) was a real pain to clean.   One of the newer features in hyb ovens is a
rocking or rotating plateform in the bottom of the oven.  I find this feature very
useful and would not buy another hyb oven without one.

Hope this helps

Tony
Tony Sanchez
University of Florida  Dept. Ophthalmology  1600 SW Archer Road
JHMHC #100284  Gainesville, FL 32610
Phone (904)392-2720      Fax (904) 392-7839           tsanchez at eye1.eye.ufl.edu