Sequencing gels

Shiao Y. Wang sywang at whale.st.usm.edu
Fri Apr 15 22:30:41 EST 1994

Michael Joiner (joiner at pobox.upenn.edu) wrote:
: Can anyone tell me how to minimize leakage between adjacent wells when
: using polyacrilamide gels with sharkstooth combs? We seem to have tried
: every combination of prewarming with/without comb, new vs old combs, and
: insertion depth. Whether or not we get leakage still seems to be a random
: occurrence! Does everybody have this trouble?

I clamp the top of the gel (with the flat side of the comb inserted)
during polymerization. That solved the problem for me.

Shiao Wang
University of Southern Mississippi