Coupling proteins in presence of SDS?

David Nunn David_Nunn at qms1.life.uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 15 16:56:18 EST 1994

In article <2omv89$1r0 at news.service.uci.edu>, resteele at uci.edu (Rob Steele)
wrote:

> You can couple proteins to Affigel (Bio-Rad) in the presence of SDS.
> We've done it several times with no problems to make columns for
> affinity purification of antibodies against proteins which form
> inclusion bodies in bacteria.

Rob, I tried to get back to you by E-mail but the message has bounced back.
I have talked to BioRad techs about Affi-gel previously and they said it
wouldn't work, not that I believe them. Could you send me a protocol and
the type of Affigel you used, I would be very grateful. Thanks, David

David Nunn
Department of Microbiology
University of Illinois
Urbana, IL 61801