Silent Mutagenesis: Program wanted

Fri Apr 15 13:05:46 EST 1994

> Please post replies as I am interested also
> Peta Bonham-Smith
> pbonham at pbi.nrc.ca
> >My lab is in search of a program which will help us design restriction sites
> >within our genes of interest without changing the protein sequence.  So far,
> >we have found an IBM-compatible program, but none for the Macintosh (and
> >all of the department's computers are Macs).  Does anyone out there know of
> >one?
> Michael James Tino      \    / "the only measure of your words and your deeds
>                          \  /   will be the love you leave behind when you're
> mjtino at acpub.duke.edu     \/    done."   -Fred Small, "Everything Possible"

	Here is the output from our program SILMUT, that will identify
the potential sites for silent mutagenesis.  It is described in
BioTechniques 12:882 and the software is freely avaialable by anonymous ftp at
ftp.iubio.indiana.edu in the dir molbio/ibmpc or
phobos.med.pitt.edu in the dir /pub/bsh

The input sequence is 12 base (GGACCAGGGAGA) coding for GPGR peptide.
GPGR
ApaI
Cfr9I/SmaI/XmaI
 Cfr9I/SmaI/XmaI
 EagI/XmaIII

Position in the input string: 1
Amino acid string at this position: GP
Restriction Enzyme site/s that can be introduced at this position: ApaI

Position in the input string: 1
Amino acid string at this position: GPG
Restriction Enzyme site/s that can be introduced at thisposition:Cfr9I/SmaI/XmaI

Position in the input string: 2
Amino acid string at this position: PG
Restriction Enzyme site/s that can be introduced at thisposition:Cfr9I/SmaI/XmaI

Position in the input string: 2
Amino acid string at this position: PGR
Restriction Enzyme site/s that can be introduced at this position: EagI/XmaIII