Sequencing Gel adheres to both plates

Ben User Guest benguest at rc1.vub.ac.be
Fri Apr 15 08:26:55 EST 1994

Wasun Chantratita (asmsi002 at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH) wrote:
: Dear Netters,

: 	We are now working on nonradioactive, silver DNA sequencing
: system. Our gel must be firmly stick to the short plate and not peel off
: during silver staining process. Our problem is the adhering of
: polyacrulamide gel oftenly occur to both plates.  Perhaps our long glass
: plate might be contaminated with Bind-silane from the short plate.  We do
: wipe excessive binding solution (Bind-silane) from the short plate, we do
: apply Sigmacote solution on the long plate, we also clean our plates with
: Windex cleaner. However, this problem still repeatedly strike us. Is
: there anyone out there could help me to solve this problem?

: 	Any suggestion would be deeply appreciated.
:
: Thank you,

: Wasun

: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
: Wasun Chantratita, Ph.D.                        Phone:053-221122 Ext 5086,5068
: Department of Clinical Microbiology             Fax:  053-221890
: Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences       Email:asmsi002 at cmu.chiangmai.ac.th
: Chiang Mai University
: Chiang Mai 50200
: Thailand

Siliconise your short plates!!, assemble gelplates just prior to use.
:q

:q