What is cycling probe reaction ?

Fri Apr 15 11:27:57 EST 1994

> Dear  Netters.
> I'am looking for more information about:
> IDBiomed Corp. Vanc. Kanada
> i.e. Address, e-mail or Phone
> Or maybe about:
>   cycling probe reaction
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Dr. Manfred Klemm (PhD)
> Max-Planck-Institut fuer Zuechtungsforschung
> Carl-von-Linne Weg 10
> 50829 Koeln   (Germany)
> Tel.: 0049.(0).221.5062-221
> Fax.: 0049.(0).221.5062-213
> E-Mail: klemm at vax.mpiz-koeln.mpg.d400.de
	Cycling Probe Reaction (CPR) is an isothermal amplification
for the detection of the presence of a particular DNA sequnence.  This
method utilizes the thermostable RNAaseH activity to cleave labeled
RNA molecule from the RNA:DNA hybrid.  Following RNA cleavage, the
DNA molecule will bind fresh RNA molecule which is again cleaved.
So the cycle continues.  The sensitivity of the method is very very
high.

Raj Shankarappa D.V.M., Ph.D
bsh at med.pitt.edu
745 Scaife Hall
Department of Pathology
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Pittsburgh PA 15261
Tel: (412) 648-9763 or 648-9573 or 648-9026 (Hey, I can't help it!)
Fax: (412) 648-1916
Home: (412) 823-3504
This posting carries a tinge of conflict because of my association
with the technology.