RE^2:b-galactosidase assay after transfe

Dave Bates dobates at ucdavis.edu
Sun Apr 17 15:24:16 EST 1994

In article <199404152311.IAA15866 at inetnif.niftyserve.or.jp>
writes:

> Thank you, Dr.Leach. I could find Galacto-Light kit of TROPIX (TEL617-271--
> 0045). In this kit, fluorescent substrate is used,
> thus this assay system is very sensetive to detect galactosidase activity.
> Thanks!
>
> Sincerely yours,

>  Dr.Toshiharu Ishizuka
>  Department of Biochemistry, Chiba University, School of Medicine
>  1-8-1, Inohana, Chuo-ku, Chiba, 260 JAPAN
>  FAX +81-43-226-2041
>  E-mail
>  QFH03407 at niftyserve.or.jp
>  tishizuk at twics.com
>  =========================================================================

Well come on Toshiharu, did it work? You've got me on tenterhooks. Can
you see glowing cells?

BTW you can get the antibody to B Gal from Sigma, amongst others, why
not use this and use an FITC labelled secondary? Why are you doing the
assay on cell extracts. Why not do it on the cells themselves, so you
can see what you're transfection efficiency. Email me if you want a
protocol.

Lets have some results on the Net!

Dave Bates,                                        dobates at ucdavis.edu
Department of Human Physiology, University of California at Davis

No I don't have a sense of humour, now buy me a beer