Slide makers

Leonard N. Bloksberg bloksber at pilot.msu.edu
Mon Apr 18 17:01:00 EST 1994

In Article <2otrob$8vm at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> "ANDY PHILLIPS <andy.phillips at afrc.ac.uk> (Tel +44 275 392181 EXT 257)" says:
> I'd like to extend the discussion about slide makers. We're in the process of
> buying such a machine. Does anyone have opinions on which is the best value?

.
I cannot say which machine is currently the best value, but I do have some
key factors that I would look for:
.
	1.	Platform comatiblity with both Mac and IBM.   Some machines
are Mac only, some are IBM only, some are both (with 2 ports for input).
Since most machines are bought for departmental use with both Mac and IBM
users, this will eliminate the need for 2 machines.
.
	2.	Software compatiblity.  Some units can be installed from
your favorite software just like any printer, with no additional device
drivers.  Other units are not compatible, and require expensive device
driver software in addition.
.
Good luck.
.