proteins sticking to eppendorfs?

Denni Schnapp ds4 at st-andrews.ac.uk
Tue Apr 19 07:42:33 EST 1994

Hi Netters, just a quickie question. A colleague advised me recently
to store purified viruses in siliconated glassware and not in eppies
as they might stick to same (I am not using gelatine for anything other
than storage medium for bacteriophages, this advise referred to IPN
virus). Is it true that purified viruses stick to the side of eppen-
dorfs? Reason I worry is that I have already stored a number of virus
preparation in same and this, rather than losses during purification
itself, may account for lower titers.
Thanks for any advise on this,
Denni