Metaphor agarose summary

Clifford J Beall cbeall at magnus.acs.ohio-state.edu
Wed Apr 20 09:50:22 EST 1994

In article <0097D320.B882C0A0.4434 at umbsky.cc.umb.edu>,
 <4700gbera at UMBSKY.CC.UMB.EDU>(Gina Berardesco) wrote:

>Another poster suggested I try Nusieve 3:1, also by FMC. I did, and
>it  worked wonderfully, so I've decided not to bother trying
>Metaphor.
>
>So......my personal recommendation is to use Nusieve 3:1. If you need greater
>resolution, give FMC a call and try Metaphor out. And let us all know what
>you think!

A further note-
At least two other products are availiable- Synergel from Diversified Biotech
and Visigel from Stratagene.  I found that they both worked about as well as
Nu-sieve and were substantially less expensive.  One small negative, they are
slightly more hassle to prepare.

All the best,
Cliff Beall
Ohio State Biotechnology Center