advice needed for check trace mRNA

Martin Leach leach at
Wed Apr 20 10:16:30 EST 1994

In article <1994Apr18.151548.1 at leif>, ldeng at (GEORGE XIAOXI

> Hi! Dear Netters! I want to identify very little trace of mRNA in the cells
> by RT-PCR or Northern hybridization. I certainly want to show the RT-PCR
> signal is not come from DNA. So anyone can tell me what is the best way to
> extract RNA which is free of DNA?

Virtually impossible!

 What is the best probe (for Lymphocytes)
> for the very-low-expression mRNA in Northern hybridization? Thanks in
> advance!  Langtuo Deng at: ldeng at

1. Either try RNAse protection - more sensitive than Northerns.

2. Or try RT-pcr with primers that span at least one intron. - so if DNA
contamination it either will be larger product or Un-PCRable if too big.

Martin Leach

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)