Reference on 2D gel for DNA sought.

Rafa Maldonado Rafael at genetics.med.utah.edu
Thu Apr 21 18:45:45 EST 1994

In article <2p3f5f$c4q at nic.umass.edu>
AAT at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU (Gus Trautweiler) writes:

> I am seeking a reference for 2D DNA gels.  Dna is cut with one enzyme, run out,
> then cut with another enzyme and run out at 90o.  The article appeared about
> three years ago.  Thank you for your help!

Hi Gus!
If you are looking for 2D gels of chromosomal DNA of bacteria, the
reference is much older, check this reference at my hands in this
moment:
Yee T, Inouye M (1982) Two dimensional DNA electrophoresis applied to
the study of DNA methylation and the analysis of the genome size in
Myxococcus xanthus. J. Mol. Biol. 154, 181-196.
I hope it helps!

Rafa

Rafael Maldonado
Howard Hughes Medical Insitute