Retics and DNA binding proteins

Steve Rodems smrodems at students.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 21 19:06:28 EST 1994

Does anyone use DNA binding proteins expressed in rabbit reticulocyte
lysates to do gel shift assays?  This system would allow easy and quick
expression of a suspected DNA binding protein that I could study (much
easier than trying to express and purify the protein).  I would
specifically like to know if the other proteins in the system or maybe even
the DNA added would somehow interfere in a gel shift assay (although I
guess its no different than using cell/nuclear extracts).  If anyone has
experience with this or know of a reference could you please let me know?
Thanks.

--
Steve "Some day I will get the hell out of Wisconsin" Rodems

"Then I am here for the Lee family renioun ... shur-wajo-shur"