Problems with SDS-Page

bss032 at vaxa.bangor.ac.uk bss032 at vaxa.bangor.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 10:11:51 EST 1994

Stacking gel problems can usually be avoided by warming the plates with
a hairdrier or standing the assembly next to a hot water bath, then get
the stacking mix in whilst the sandwich is still warm. This increases
the rate of polymerisation. The gel can be heated gently during
the polymerisation step. I ALWAYS do mine this way and only very rarely
get 'sloppy' wells. I DO NOT degass the buffers either!

Jon R Sayers (Cell and Molecular Biology), Biochemistry Dept.,
University College North Wales, Univ of Wales, Bangor, LL57 2UW.
Tel +44 248 38 23 54
Fax +44 248 370731
Email bss032 at uk.ac.bangor