Reference on 2D gel for DNA sought.

John H McDonald mcdonald at strauss.udel.edu
Fri Apr 22 14:54:48 EST 1994

In article <2p3f5f$c4q at nic.umass.edu>,
Gus Trautweiler <AAT at UCSVAX.UCS.UMASS.EDU> wrote:
>I am seeking a reference for 2D DNA gels.  Dna is cut with one enzyme, run out,
>then cut with another enzyme and run out at 90o.  The article appeared about
>three years ago.  Thank you for your help!

Hatada, I. et al.  1991. A genomic scanning method for higher organisms
using restriction sites as landmarks.  PNAS 88:9523-9527.

They cut genomic DNA with a rare-cutter, radiolabelled it, ran it on a
gel, cut it with a common-cutter, then ran it on the second dimension of
the gel.  They got thousands of spots.

John H. McDonald
Department of Biology
University of Delaware