Wanted: lambda EMBL3/EMBL4 sequences

futers at bpxtal.leeds.ac.uk futers at bpxtal.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 10:42:34 EST 1994

In article <1994Apr22.132541.1 at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de>,
knoblauch at mpimg-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de writes:
>Dear Netters,
>I wonder, whether any of you has ever obtained/assembled/got from wherever
>the DNA-Sequence of the cloning Vector lambda EMBL3 or lambda EMBL4.
>I'd like to check some RE-sites on it that are not listed in the Maniatis,
>but I've benn unable to lokate the sequence anywhere in a Database. So,
>if you've once run into the same prob and solved it somehow, please drop me
>an e-mail with the sequence or a site where to find it.
>

>	Tnx Alot,
>			Klaus
>PS: I've already tried searches in GenBank and EMBL and VEC and gophered
>   to gopher.gdb.org but ...  :-{
>
>--
>InterNet:  Knoblauch at mpi-berlin-dahlem.mpg.de
>EAN     :  <Please use InterNet to send mail>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>> Es gibt zwei Arten von Narren: Die Einen sagen: das ist alt, und darum     >
>> gut! Die Anderen sagen, das ist neu, und darum besser!                     >
>Disclaimer: The above stated opinions are not necessarily shared by my

Hi Klaus,
         As Far as I am aware, EMBL3 and EMBL4 have not been sequenced.
However there is a Restriction map of EMBL3 in
Frischauf, A.M., Murray, N. and Lehrach, H. in Methods in Enzymology
vol 153 pp 103-115.
       There is alsos a more limited restriction map in
Frischauf, A.M., Lehrach, H., Poustka, A. and Murray, N. (1983)
Journal of Molecular Biology, 170: 827-842.

        I hope this helps.
                Simon Futers (futers at biovax.leeds.ac.uk)