RT-PCR

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 26 21:16:10 EST 1994

In article <-260494103555 at dent-226-97.dentistry.umich.edu>, @umich.edu
(Steven Coon) wrote:

> Hi netters,
>
>     I am about to reverse transcribe the RNA and was considering using
> Clontech's 1st strand cDNA synthesis kit designed for this purpose. I would
> like any feedback on the kit or suggestions for alternatives.
>
> thanx

Clonetech is expensive. Their RNA is full of DNA and SLIC should be renamed
to SLUG.

BTW if doing RT-PCR - DNAse treat your RNA before RTing it. Otherwise
unless u r pcring over an intron (in the DNA) u won't know whether the
product is real or due to DNA contam.

Also i think their is a difference between MuLV and AMV RT in that one of
these chops back at the 3'end....not sure which...

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)