some asshole

brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU brett at BORCIM.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Apr 26 11:01:14 EST 1994

From:	WUGATE::"rriyer at unix1.circ.gwu.edu" "Ravi Iyer" 22-APR-1994 18:30:47.97
To:	brett at borcim.wustl.edu
CC:	"rriyer at UNIX1.CIRC.GWU.EDU"@WUGATE.wustl.edu
Subj:	RE: Re-POST of THE ORIGINAL MERLIN MINI/MAXI-PREP.

Date: Fri, 22 Apr 1994 19:27:36 -0300 (EDT)
From: Ravi Iyer <rriyer at unix1.circ.gwu.edu>
Subject: RE: Re-POST of THE ORIGINAL MERLIN MINI/MAXI-PREP.
To: brett at borcim.wustl.edu
Cc: "rriyer at UNIX1.CIRC.GWU.EDU"@WUGATE.wustl.edu

On Tue, 19 Apr 1994 brett at borcim.wustl.edu wrote:

> escuse me, but i have to comment on your rude and arrogant posting about how
> you "invented" the use of diatomaceous earth in DNA purification. boom, et al
> (j clin. microb. v28 #3, pp495-503 **1990**) seems to have beat you to the
> punch, mister "pioneer". so, before you libelously imply that someone stole
> your idea, maybe check the literature. maybe you did reinvent the wheel, but
> it is not something i would go around bragging about. have a nice day ;-)
> brett at borcim.wustl.edu
If Mr. Brett had the patience to read carefully before dashing off an
angry missive, he would realize that I did not claim to have invented the
method. I only claim to have publicized on the Internet a procedure/method
that has been relatively unknown even though in the public domain since
1991. His point about boom et.al. is taken but only proves the point that
the method was available on the public domain 1 yr. before 1991. My
objection is to people who re-post exact copies of my Internet post
including the nom de plume "Merlin Minipreps" without attributing it to
the original poster.
Next time Mr. Brett,
Read and understand before you open your mouth and put your foot in it.
The quality of the rest of your day is of no concern to me.