Retics and DNA binding proteins

Bill Jack jack at neb.com
Tue Apr 26 08:29:40 EST 1994

In article <smrodems-210494180628 at f181-111.net.wisc.edu>,
smrodems at students.wisc.edu (Steve Rodems) wrote:

> Does anyone use DNA binding proteins expressed in rabbit reticulocyte
> lysates to do gel shift assays?   <stuff deleted> If anyone has
> experience with this or know of a reference could you please let me know?
> Thanks.

"GCN4 Protein, Synthesized In Vitro, Binds HIS3 Regulatory Sequences:
Implications for General Control of Amino Acid Biosynthetic Genes in Yeast"
Cell 43:177-188 (1985)
I.A. Hope and K. Struhl

We have also used it to assay DNA binding of several restriction
endonucleases and modification methylases. Struhl labels the protein,
rather than the DNA.

Bill Jack
New England Biolabs
jack at neb.com