HELP: Stripping western blots

Kevin Morano ez005528 at rocky.ucdavis.edu
Wed Apr 27 14:56:10 EST 1994

I'm trying to do sequential probings of a western blot with different
antibodies and am having a tough time stripping the previous antibody
off. I have been using a protocol which is essentially an acid (pH 2.2)
glycine/NaCl/TX-100 wash, and it looks like less than 10% of the old
primary Ab is coming off. What do people use out there? By the way, I
develop with DUPont's Renaissance chemi. kit, so I could theoretically do
many probings.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Kevin A. Morano
Internet:kamorano at ucdavis.edu
Bitnet:kamorano at ucdavis
Section of Microbiology, University of California, Davis