Tobacco enzyme

or a host of others cmdq144 at chpc.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 28 15:42:43 EST 1994

In article <leach-260494213056 at ppp-8-28.bu.edu> leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 (Martin Leach) writes:
>In article <Pine.3.87.9404270826.D24629-0100000 at cmu.chiangmai.ac.th>,
>watchara at CMU.CHIANGMAI.AC.TH (Wachara Kasinreak) wrote:
>
>> Dear Netters
>> Does anyone know are there any enzymes which are presence in tobacco but
>> Thank you

Chitinase would also be a good candidate.  To the best of my knowledge, there
is no human (or mammalian) chitinase activity.  The tobacco chitinase also
has the advantage of having been cloned and sequenced, if memory serves me.

Mike

   | Dr. Michael P. Ready                     | READY at UTBC01.CM.UTEXAS.EDU |
   | Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry | Phone: (512)471-3625       |
   | University of Texas                      | FAX:   (512)471-8696       |
   | Austin, Texas 78712                      |                            |
   |   "A liberal is a man who leaves the room when the fight begins."     |
   |                                                       -Heywood Broun  |