Software to piece together restriction fragment

Jason Rancourt aq780 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA
Thu Apr 28 08:26:30 EST 1994

In a previous article, claros at biologie.ens.fr (Manuel G. CLAROS) says:

>In Article <63880.a.hanly at cheque.uq.oz.au>, "Allison Hanly"
><a.hanly at cheque.uq.oz.au> wrote:
>>On 13 Apr 1994 11:39:52 GMT,
>>Tan Shyh Han  <mcbtansh at leonis.nus.sg> wrote:
>>

>>>Does anyone know of any software that can help to reconstruct the various
>>>restriction sites on a length of DNA after one has restriction digested
>>>it with several enzymes and analysed it on a gel?
>>
>>Gene Construction Kit allows you to do this. It also gives a diagramatic
>>representation of what a gel will look like when the digest is run. It does
>>complete and partial digestions. Unfortunately the software isn't public
>>domain.
>>
>>Allison
>
>You have DoubleDigester from the EMBL server, for macintosh and unix machines.
>
>Manuel G.

Better yet, if you have a mac, get DNAid from the "Apple higher education
server" (gopher), in "Macintosh freeware and shareware", misc, molbio (i
think). This does what you ask, is free, comes with a big manual, can do
custom restriction and rudimentary sequence alignment...better yet, it's FREE.

--
Jason Michael Rancourt              * "When we dance
aq780 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA                  I dig my fingers into her neck