A protein question******close

dallas at mcvax4.d48.lilly.com dallas at mcvax4.d48.lilly.com
Thu Apr 28 08:06:20 EST 1994

In article <Dress-220494154501 at chuck.biosci.arizona.edu>, Dress at biosci.arizona.edu (Virginia Dress) writes:
> In article <2p6c9fINNm07 at dns1.NMSU.Edu>, smori at nmsu.edu (Shahram Mori)
> wrote:
>>

>> Dear netters,
>> We have 11 ug of a protein isolated from polyacrylamide gel
>> electrophoresis. We are interested in isolating the protein from the gel
>> and making antibodies to it. We would very much appreciate if you had any
>> input and specially references that would allow us to isolate the protein
>> effieciently in order to use for antibody production.
>> Thanks a milion for your help.
>> cheers.
>> Shahram Mori
>> Program in Molecular Biology
>> Dept. of Chemistry Box 3C
>> NMSU   Las Cruces NM
>> 88003

My impression is that you don't have enough protein, but on the assumption that
you can get more and it apparently doesn't have to be folded...

We have eluted protein from SDS-PA gels using the method of Hager and Burgess
(Anal. Biochem. 109:76-86(1980)) and made polyclonals  to it with reasonable
success.

Jim Miller
Lilly Research Labs
Indianapolis, In