BTX electroporators--info please?

ALLEN, BEVERLY S BSA at ICBR.IFAS.UFL.EDU
Mon Aug 1 14:35:08 EST 1994

Dear Netfolk:
I'm moving to a facility that has only BTX electroporators, and I seem to
remember seeing on the net that their quality isn't as good as a BRL or BioRad
unit.  I hope I'm wrong! Can any users give me some pointers as to whether
these machines are capable of electroporating (successfully :)  ) human
hematopoietic progenitor cells? Or to electroporate other human cell lines of
hematopoietic lineages? (I'm particularly worried about HL60s--the only
successful electroporations I've seen published used BioRad units).

Thanks in advance for help, advice, etc!
Beverly