summary of mycoplama detect

Patrick Grealish kallisti at merle.acns.nwu.edu
Wed Aug 3 15:01:54 EST 1994

In article <31a0fq$pln at news.bu.edu>, rocket1 at bu.edu (Richard Near) wrote:

> Sorry, for some reaon (reason) I don't want to type "s"
> so that should say mycopla(s)ma.
>
> rick
> rocket1 at bu.edu
Rick,
   In our lab recently we received three different cell lines from a college all of which were checked using the Gen-Probe kit (which I've used before, and thought it took a long time) and were found to be clean, but after rechecking them with Stratagene's PCR based detection kit them were contaminated. In our lab we've found the kit to be much quicker and simpler. Though the PCR reaction time is close to 5 hours. The kits for us are about the same cost per sample.

Patrick Grealish
Northwestern University
Lab Manager
--