Autoclaving MOPS buffer

Dr. C.J. Chan cchan at
Thu Aug 4 10:37:43 EST 1994

10x MOPS buffers do go yellow if you autoclave them. I used to but don't now
since I have no problems with my Northens. I presume than the formaldehye you
add when making up the Northern buffer would kill or inhibit any contaminating

Another thing, store your 10X MOPS buffer in the dark or else they go yellow

  C-TJ Chan                               Tel. +44 71 242 9789 Ext 2351
  Dept of Molecular Genetics,             Fax. +44 71 831 0488
  Institute of Child Health,              email cchan at
  30 Guilford Street,
  London WC1N 1EH
  United Kingdom