Cycle sequencing of PCR products

Tony Kwan kwan at medcor.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 5 10:57:20 EST 1994

Hello Netters,

I am in the process of sequencing a large number of PCR products all
having some kind of point mutations or other and we've decided that the
best way would be to amplify the piece directly from a yeast colony,
purify the product and use cycle sequencing to obtain the sequence.  We've
just tried the New England Biolabs CircumVent kit and the sequence is not
as clear as we would hope for.  Has anyone out there has any success
sequencing PCR products directly using any of the other kits available
commercially?  Any feedback would be helpful.  Thanks in advance.

--
Tony Kwan
Department of Biochemistry, McGill University
kwan at medcor.mcgill.ca