terminal transferase & PCR, Brian Foley are you listening?

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Tue Aug 9 15:07:56 EST 1994

Sorry to waste bandwidt on a message that should have been personal but my
mail server doesn't recognise Brian Foleys e-mail address and I'm tired of
playing detective.  So it's for all of you to read.  I hope Brian or
someone else can help, and maybe this will intrest someone who did't read
the original post.

So here it is:

Hi Brian

Some months ago you posted a message on the methds-reagnts newsgroup where
you suggested using terminal transferase to change PCR bands into "smears"
before cutting them with restriction enzymes.  I am trying the method now
and didn't have too much luck with the transferase.  It did't add enough
bases so my PCR product still looks pretty much like a band to me.  Then
there comes the question if I have to phenol extract the tt out of solution
or if there are other ways, etc.
If you have a protocol lying around somewhere on your Hard disk I would be
very pleased if you would send me a copy, or perhaps better still, post it
on the NET.

Greetings from Switzerland

Zophonias O. Jonsson