High Five cells

Cornelius Krasel krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de
Thu Aug 11 02:58:42 EST 1994

Robert C. Colgrove (robin at alumni.caltech.edu) wrote:
: I am just starting to grow "high five" cells,
: this line sold by Invitrogen that're supposed to be good
: for baculoviral recombinant products that are secreted.
: They seem to grow well but are pretty adherent.
: The Invitrogen literature says they can be adapted to suspension
: culture but that they have not done it in their labs.

We have not been able to grow "high five" cells in suspension.
We haven't tried other alternatives.

--Cornelius.

/* email: krasel at alf.biochem.mpg.de                 fax: +49 89 8578 3795 */
/* "People are DNA's way of making more DNA." (Edward O. Wilson, 1975)    */